- Appear for first ever interview and land my first internship offer
- Work on my first data analysis project because was getting bored
- Covid-19 leads to colleges closing; I try out another project
- Internship offer revoked
- Realize project building in Data Analysis space full of blind-spots
- Decide to create a Data Analysis Guide for First Project with Kanika
- Launch the Guide in eBook form. 500+ downloads in less than a week.
- Rope in a few friends to help a small group of friends do projects in Finance and Data Science.
- Initiative fails miserably 🙂
- Hit by FOMO due to internship announcements on LinkedIn
- Start searching for internships via the platform
- Work with Analytics lead at Unyscape (sounds better than built a few PPTs 😉
- Land another one at Bandhoo Solutions
- They needed Data which wasn’t easily accessible
- Used R to write code that solved the issue for them
- Huge boost to confidence because I had no clue about it + I hated coding and sucked at it
- They ask me to learn JS because it might be needed so I do cover some ground in 10 days
- After months of uncertainty, placement session officially begins.
- Land another internship but quit in 2 days because work was boring af.
- Start focusing on placements.
- Placed at Deloitte
- Got bored so bought a domain name – campussecorporate.com (campustocorporate was freakin expensive)
- Reason for the name – wanted to do something which would help students but I had no idea what that would be.
- Eliminated after 2 rounds of interview at Mastercard
- In my head, that is the end of placement session. Stop seeking another offer.
- Convince Kanika to be a part of Campus se Corporate
- Start receiving queries from dept. juniors about placement prep.
- We create 3 type of content pieces – Placement Prep, Stats Concepts, Interview Questions
- Start posting on LinkedIn in the final 10 days of December.
- Interview Questions most sought after content piece. We double down on it while experimenting with other types too.
- Decided to pursue Masters in Statistics because I was not sure about MBA yet.
- Realized my grades would not be enough so slowly started entrance preparation.
- Preparation turned out to be too slow. Pressed the accelerator while appearing for exams
- Appear in two entrances. Clear both of them. Secure 3rd rank in one of them.
- Admitted to Masters of Statistics, Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Start reading Polity by Laxmikant to get idea about UPSC preparation.
- Like reading it but not sure if I can do this for 2 years.
- Discover existence of something called as Data Science.
- Start with Indian history while a friend cracks an internship on campus.
- I want to give Data Science a shot.
- Start with Machine Learning after internal, practical and theory exams conclude.
- Read 40+ books including re-reads. Mostly fiction but also some great non-fiction like Sapiens, Annihilation of Caste, India After Gandhi, Gandhi Before India to name a few.