Dr. Reddy’s Interview Questions for a full-time job as a Data Scientist
Process – Case study followed by an interview
Round 1 – Case Study
Allotted Time: 1 Hour
We were given the data on various variables corresponding to all countries. We needed to classify the countries in meaningful classes based on the observed variables, make meaningful inferences regarding each class, specify their characteristics.
It was the initial screening round
Round 2 – Interview
1. Could you please introduce yourself?
2. During the first 15 minutes we talked about my internship. The main focus of the conversation was-
a) to help them understand the goal of the project
- Why was the project important for the company?
- Why did they want data science solutions for the particular problem?
b) to help them understand the statistical tools used to solve the problem at hand and why those particular tools were chosen.
- They also asked various in-depth questions on the statistical tools that I used.
3. I was asked how I would deal with the missing value problem given the constraint that I have a very limited amount of data.
4. After dealing with the above questions, we talked about various Loss Functions used in Data Science
- Later they mainly focused on Classification problems.
5. They asked me some questions on Resampling Techniques and Categorical Data Analysis.
6. I was asked questions on deep learning-
- mainly focused on vanishing and exploding gradient problems
For any suggestions, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can also schedule a meeting by vising the Contact page.
Find some of the resources that helped us here.
Like these, Dr. Reddy’s Interview Questions, you can create an impact by talking about your interview experience. Please fill this form and help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!