Wells Fargo Interview Questions by Vinay Kumar, IIT B
Position: Full Time Job
Profile: Corporate Model Risk Analyst
Process: Aptitude and Technical Test followed by 2 Technical Interviews and 1 HR interview
Aptitude and Technical Test:
English comprehension (15 mins), Business Analysis (25 min), Automata (Programming Exercise – 2 Ques, 1 hr)
Technical Round 1:
- Walk us through your CV.
- What is Bayes Theorem? They then asked about a related problem.
- Tell us about your M.Sc. Project.
- What is PCA and how to obtain PCA using singular value decomposition?
- Linear regression vs logistic regression.
- Lasso vs Ridge vs Elastic Net
- Explain K means clustering and give a real-life example.
- Tell us the relative position of mean, median, and mode in case of positively and negatively skewed distribution.
- Questions on probability distributions, permutation, and combination, distributing k distinct balls in n identical boxes
Technical Round 2:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Does standardization have any impact on the performance of the model in the case of a random forest?
- What is multicollinearity? How do you detect it? How do you treat it?
- Does multicollinearity impact the prediction of a machine learning algorithm?
- How is XGBoost different from gradient boosting?
- Are you familiar with OOP in python?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your python skills?
- What are the different data structures in python and compare each one of them?
- Explain working behind random forest algorithm.
- You have done most of your projects on data science so why do you want to go for the finance profile?
- Do you know about options, futures, and other derivatives?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your family and educational background.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
- What makes you wake up in the morning?
- Suppose your co-worker working on a project with you drops the project in between. How will you make sure that the project is completed before the deadline?
- Can you describe your time management skills?
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- What do you think makes you an asset to the company?
For any suggestion, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can also schedule a meeting by vising the Contact page.
Find some of the resources that helped us here.
Like these Wells Fargo Interview Questions, you can create an impact by talking about your interview experience. Please fill this form and help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!