Position – Full-time Job
Profile- Data Scientist
Process- Fractal Analytics conducted 3 Interview Rounds
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What is a multinomial logit function?
- The difference between linear and logistic regression?
- Can you use linear regression for classification tasks by putting a threshold on its output?
- What are the few subjects that captivated you in your course?
- Case Study- Optimizing food delivery during the pandemic
- Why do you want to join Fractal analytics?
- Walk me through your CV
- What does your typical day look like?
- Give a detailed description of one of your projects.
- How do you handle missing values in your data?
- Is the treatment any different for categorical variables?
- What would you do if 75% of a variable’s observations are missing?
- What are the different types of visualization graphs and charts that you use while exploring the data and when to use which one?
- Explain multicollinearity and why is it a problem?
- How do you circumvent the issue of heteroskedasticity?
- How do you decide which of the variables are not significant to carry on with our analysis?
- Why did you choose F1 score as a performance metric for your algorithm rather than accuracy, precision or recall?
- Why do you have to encode your categorical variables before passing them to your algorithm?
- Guesstimate- Car market sizing question.
- Tell me about a situation where you have helped someone to be more creative?
- Have you have led a team successfully? Elaborate.
- Tell me about a situation where you have handled differences of opinions in a team?
- The biggest challenge that you have faced and how did you overcome it?
- What do you know about fractal? How can you provide value to the company?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
For any query, suggestion or feedback, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can find some of the resources that helped us here.
If you can contribute by talking about your interview experience, it will definitely create an impact. Please fill this form to help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!