UBS Interview Questions by Sweata Sen
Position – Model Validation Specialist
Process – First, a technical test was taken of 60 minutes with 30 questions. The questions were based on basic statistics, aptitude, and calculus. Based on that performance, candidates got an interview call.
There were 2 rounds of interviews for all the candidates. Final selections after the two rounds were taken in an HR round. Then a cultural test was taken.
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Elaborate on the last project.
3. What do you know about regularization?
4. Tell me about ridge regression and lasso penalty.
5. What would you do to test autocorrelation in the data?
6. Suppose there is positive autocorrelation in the model. How would the model errors behave in that scenario?
7. What is the difference between fitting multiple decision trees and fitting a random forest to data?
8. They showed me an R snippet and asked me to explain the code. It was from tidyverse package.
9. They showed a database and asked me to check the sanity of the data.
1. Tell me about your resume.
2. Explain your internship project and many follow-up questions from there on CCAR. (What is CCAR? What are the steps followed in model development?)
3. State the assumptions of CLRM.
4. Tell me what you know about logistic regression. What is this link function? How is this helpful?
5. What would happen if there is multicollinearity present in the data?
6. Suppose X follows N(0,1). What would be the distribution of F(X)? Describe the details of the derivation.
7. Why do you want to join UBS?
Result: Passed both the rounds
Round 3 (HR Round)
Welcome to UBS. Why do you want to work with us? Do you have any issues with relocation?
After this, we were asked to give a cultural test testing whether we are suitable for their company culture.
For any suggestion, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can also schedule a meeting by vising the Contact page.
Find some of the resources that helped us here.
Like these UBS Interview Questions, you can create an impact by talking about your interview experience. Please fill this form and help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!