Dream11 Interview Questions by Sweata Sen, Indian Statistical Institute
Role – Data Scientist
Process – First a written test was taken which contained detailed questions on statistics and some case studies. Two rounds of technical interviews took place and one HR round before the final result.
- Walk me through your resume.
- Explain the project on machine learning (my ongoing project).
- What is boosting and what is bagging?
- They asked me to write an R code using the dplyr function in order to perform some operations on a data frame.
- Explain the memory allocation done by the subset function in the dplyr package in R.
- Tell me which one out of base and dplyr uses the copy mechanism and which one uses a pointer. Which is faster?
- Write the code for doing a scatterplot using ggplot in R.
- How would you use knn algorithm for big data?
- Suppose you have a fixed number of trucks that you intend to send on different routes for delivery purposes. How would you optimize the number of trucks to be sent to which routes in order to maximize profit? (question on dynamic programming reinforcement learning)
- “A word is actually its neighbours in a corpus” – Explain this sentence in machine learning lingo.
- How would you improve your placement process using machine learning?
- Which programming language do you use? In which are you more comfortable?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where do you wish to see yourself in 5 years from now?
- You have such a good academic record. Why don’t you want to pursue a PhD?
- Do you know the main motto of our company?
- What kind of qualities do you seek in a team member?
- What kind of workplace do you imagine yourself working in?
Result – Selected
For any suggestion, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can also schedule a meeting by vising the Contact page.
Find some of the resources that helped us here.
Like these Dream11 Interview Questions, you can create an impact by talking about your interview experience. Please fill this form and help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!