Genpact Interview Questions for a full-time job, by Placement Cell Department of Statistics BHU
Job Designation: Business Analyst
Process: Aptitude Test → Interview round → HR round
1. The test was conducted on HackerRank. The total duration of the test was 60 minutes.
2. The format of the test was –
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Logical Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal Ability, Code Outputs||36|
|Programming Logic (Subjective)||3|
- Tell me something about yourself.
- If A and B are independent events and if we say they are uncorrelated events, what does it mean to explain?
- Explain independent events in statistical terms also.
- What do you mean by linear and non-linear?
- What is monotone and non-monotone linear?
- How much is the range of the correlation coefficient?
- What is regression?
- Assumptions of regression.
- Among these which are most important
- What is a confidence interval?
- Type I and type II errors.
- Let the waiting time of a train is 15 mins. What is the probability that I have to wait for less than 5 mins?
- Let a coin be tossed 100 times. What is the probability of getting head at least 60 times?
- The distribution function of an exponential distribution. What is lambda in this?
- Define the logistic regression.
- What is the logit function?
- How the parameters are estimated in logistic regression?
- What is MLE
- Explain the algorithm for logistic regression.
- What is a loss function?
- Let there are two datasets A and B. A contains 100 observations and B contains 80 observations. if we run the following command then what will be the no of observations in the output?
Proc sql; A left join B; Run;
- Explain the data step in SAS.
- What is pandas in python?
- What is a dictionary in python? How is it different from the list?
- If my dataset contains missing values and I would like to fill this missing value with 0. How will you do this?
- Let my dataset contain gender and age. How will you group this by gender and calculate the mean age?
- What do you expect from Genpact or any other organization where you will work in the future?
- How you keep yourself updated with technology. Have you ever applied your knowledge in real life?
- Which location do you prefer?
- Is there any particular domain you want to work in or you are ready to switch your domain anytime in the future?
- What do you prefer teamwork (where you might have to do others’ work also sometimes) or individual work (where you are alone responsible for all the success and failures too)?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Walk us through your projects.
- Explain the output table and all the values which you would obtain on performing Inference on MLR in R.
- What is Adj R2?
- How is Adj R2 better than R2?
- Explain Forward Selection and Backward Elimination Method.
- Explain the underlying Hypothesis in MLR.
- Interpretation of slope and Intercept in MLR in case of Categorical variables (With example).
- What is Logistic Regression?
- Explain Logistic function, odds, odds ratio, and logit.
- When you get data, what are the important measures that you look at the very step?
- What is PCA and where it is more appropriate to use?
- Explain Support Vector Machine.
- A Supermarket is going to open in an XYZ location and they have the demographic data of that particular location. Then how you can profit the supermarket from this demographic data?
- If Mean = Median = Mode, what can you say about this scenario?
- What is Normal Distribution?
- If you plot the time of incoming calls to a call center on the X-axis and the duration of calls on the Y-axis, then what kind of graph would you expect? Which distribution will it follow?
- What is the difference between lists and tuples?
- Give an example of a real-life situation where you think a tuple would be perfect to use over the list?
- You have data of Customer ID, Transaction Amount, and Transaction Time. And if there is more than one transaction within 5 minutes with the same Customer ID and Transaction Amount, then cancel all other transactions except the first one. Write a Python program for this.
- Difference between WHERE and HAVING clause of SQL.
- Explain different JOINS in SQL.
- If you have one table with Account Number, Age, and Balance and the other table with Account Number, Income, and the State of Residence. How would you JOIN these tables using INNER JOIN? Write SQL code for it. Also, explain the output you would get.
- How do you think privatization in Banking Sector is going to affect us?
- How you are going to adapt to rapid advancement in the technological sector?
- Why would you like to come to this field?
- Why should we hire you?
- Are your location and time flexible?
- What are your expectations from us?
- Would you like to ask anything from us?
- Walk me through your C.V.
- Questions on the project that I have done
- Assumptions of linear regression.
- What is multicollinearity? Best way to diagnose it.
- What do u understand by the Variance Inflation factor, not a formula but the concept?
- What is the p-value, explain in non-Statistical language?
- Why do we compare the level of significance with p-value and reject and accept on the basis of this comparison?
- In a data frame there are 3 columns i.e., Age group, Income, and Name of the employee, how will you treat age group while coding.
- In the same dataset, if some income is missing, tell the ways how would you fill that missing values.
- There are two tables Roll no, NAME, Salary, and other tables based on having Roll no. and address, which join in SQL, you will use?
- How will you perform the same task in Python?
- Which error VIF is concerned about?
- I have collected information from a city, found out that the average height is a cm. Being a statistician, how will you defend this statement?
For any suggestions, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can also schedule a meeting by vising the Contact page.
Find some of the resources that helped us here.
Like these, Genpact Interview Questions, you can create an impact by talking about your interview experience. Please fill this form and help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!