UHG (United Health Group) – Optum Interview Questions for a full-time job as a Data Analyst, by a student from IIT Kanpur.
Profile: Associate Data Analyst
Process: They shortlisted the candidates based on resumes and then 2 rounds of interviews were conducted.
- Walk me through your resume.
- Explain XGBoost, Random Forest. Also, explain the difference between them.
- Explain the algorithm of SVM, and then asked some questions regarding the kernel trick.
- Which Dimensionality reduction techniques do you know? Further, explain how PCA works and what technique does it use to reduce dimensionality? How to apply PCA when variables are one-hot encoded?
- What is regularisation? When to use Ridge Regression and when to use Lasso? What’s the difference between these two?
- How does stationarity affect the Time-Series data?
- What is class imbalance? Also, explain how to handle them?
- What text-vectorization techniques do you know? Explain them.
- What is cross-validation and why is it used?
- How would you design the customer recommendation algorithm in Flipkart?
- Estimate the number of cab riders in Kolkata on a daily basis.
- Suppose a circle is inscribed inside a square. What are the parameters that come to your mind?
- Explain eigenvalues, eigenvectors.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- A few other questions related to co-curricular activities.
Prepare for topics mentioned in your resume very well. They ask resume-based questions mainly.
For any suggestions, please reach out to us on LinkedIn. You can also schedule a meeting by vising the Contact page.
Find some of the resources that helped us here.
Like this UHG (Optum) Interview Questions, you can create an impact by talking about your interview experience. Please fill this form and help students get a perspective about the interview structure and questions.
You can read other articles here.
Cheers and Best!